So I got this new high technology job that I started a couple weeks ago. I nearly lost my shit the other night and didn't go back. I had pretty rough day where it didn't seem like I was doing anything right. Have you ever gotten bitched out over basecamp about how shitty your work for the day was? Well I did, and I didn't think it was very cool for starters. Non constructive criticism is the worst kind of criticism people. If you don't say exactly what you want and how to fix it, then you won't get what you are looking for. It is as simple as that.
I did end up going back the next day though, regardless of the fact that I told a butt load of kids at the bar that I wasn't. Maybe I should have just kept my mouth shut, but that isn't how I roll. Never has been, never will be. Friday was better, got some praise for some things I did instead of getting kicked in the balls. Is this gig exactly what I want to do for the rest of my life? Probably not, but at the same time, jobs are pretty scarce right now and I have one in my field. I guess I'll take some beatings here and there until something better comes along, or I just really can't take it anymore. Till then, I'm going to shut up and get to work as best as I can.

3 comments:

CJS said...

I would say, instead of taking it as a personal attack, just think of it as an opportunity to improve yourself.. you're human, not a robotr...

I found the most rewarding jobs aren't always so financially rewarding, and usually involved little technology. I think the scanner at the Library I worked at was from the early 80's!

Don't take shit from no one, though.. but keep your cool.. sucking shit up and moving on to area's where you no long have to suck shit up... seems like the path to travel.

MRL said...

I like getting praise for work that I don't personally do...thats how I roll. enjoy the job. obama.

Trevnog said...

I like how you roll. All ya'll.