ok... moving on. i really wanna step things up. i want like, to tap into that super hot "found object art" movement. you know. that real shit. like, i wanna have a show at the "russel industrial complex".. you know.. like the "ART CAVE" and shit... you know what i'm saying? so today at work i tried to excersize my skills. here's what i came up with... OK... i call this piece "FOCUS" after the name of the pink flavor of VitaminWater. I mean, it's conceptaul, with a great reference to popculture, yet so mysterious at the same time. U KNOW? ok... so i call this piece "WHAT WOULD JESUS DRINK (aka: WWJD)" ... notice the use of styrofome, the cross, and the BUD LIGHT LIME... i'm really experimenting with materials and pushing the bounderies of "process" on this one. now i call this piece "THE MAD DOOR TO NOWHERE"... notice how mad the door is. notice the can of sparks he just drank. And if you look closely, he's not inside, HE'S OUTDOORS. Yes, OUTSIDE. I'm really breaking all conventions of the "gallery space" here... from the warehouse, to the BACK YARD... now this is more of a process piece. I call it "OUCH I FUCKING CUT MY FINGERS OPEN LIKE A RETARD".... yes, well all make mistakes... but if they are in the name of art, in my eyes atleast, IT'S ALL GOOD!!!!!
TIL NEXT TIME!!!!
make that art, and make it FUNKY!!!!!!!!!

7 comments:

MATTO said...

NOT MYSTERIOUS ENUFF

CJS said...

aw shit dawg!

then u tell me, who drank the vitamin water? cuz i didn't


i was trying to hard but dem bud light lime and sparks + heat and manual labor had me phhhhhaaaassssseeeeedddddddddddd...







i'll step it up nef time

CJS said...

hey you know what, fuck that

AT LEAST I STILL MAKE ARTWORK

shoeless said...

even though I'm currently showing at the CAVE I hear ya.
that shit is weeeeeeeeeeeak.

CJS said...

hahhaha i was just kinda kidding, that sparks and bud light really did me in, but

dude zakk i never got to see pics of your show PUT THEM UP!!!!!!! (or point me to em!)

FOCAL PHOTOGRAPHY said...

I LOVE IT ALL

michael alfred peterson said...

laugh out fucking loud